Carolina Color continues to introduce leading edge products to meet customer demands. Carolina Color’s latest innovation—UltraOpaque—was developed for molders looking for improved opaque colors along with lower cost in nylons and engineered resins such as PC, PBT, PC-PBT alloys, and more.
Photo Caption: Carolina Color’s UltraOpague meets the need for lower letdown ratios, higher loadings of additives and lower production costs due to ease of use when compared to other colorant options for recreational vehicle plastic part manufacturers.
Carolina Color UltraOpaque features include:
- Low softening point allows good color incorporation
- Low use rates
- Highest industry loadings of pigments, dyes and additives. Can be combined with G 3 innovation
- Low processing temperatures during compounding minimizes heat history of thermally sensitive colorants and additives
- Provides a good option for processers converting from pre-colored resins to color concentrates
- No screw slippage issues, unlike liquid color and wax-based products
Carolina Color’s UltraOpaque can be used in a variety of applications, such as power tool housings, exterior parts for tractors, industrial equipment, all terrain vehicles (ATV), appliances, and more.
Carolina Color is a family-owned business that manufactures color concentrates for the plastics industry from ISO 9001:2008 certified locations in Salisbury, NC and Delaware, OH. These facilities provide 500+ customers with full-service production capabilities as well as comprehensive labs for color matching, quality control and analytical testing. Carolina Color is capable of producing over 25 million pounds annually.