Carolina Color Corporation — a successful, family-owned company since 1967 serving colorant needs from ISO 9001:2008 certified locations in North Carolina and Ohio — introduces a new color concentrate UltraPET specifically for use with PET resins.
This groundbreaking UltraPET color concentrate represents continued growth in color innovation based on G2, a patented technology from Carolina Color Corporation in which pigments and additives are highly loaded, exceptionally well-dispersed and can effectively distribute in both large and small parts. The unique qualities of this next-generation technology result in the proven benefits of time, space and cost savings.
Matt Barr, CEO of Carolina Color stated: “We are thrilled to introduce this product line to meet the PET color needs for the plastics molding industry. Innovation is a core competency of Carolina Color and this type of investment is necessary for the company and the industry to grow.”
Key attributes of Carolina Color Corporation’s new UltraPET color concentrate include:
- Polymeric carrier that is low melting and has excellent compatibility with the base polymer. The polymeric carrier will not migrate and cause screw slippage issues
- Mini beads that will have more pellets per gram and larger surface area. These attributes will help with good color distribution especially at lower use rates with tints
- Melts at 50% lower temperature than traditional PET based carriers
- Improved rheology and larger surface area of the mini beads leading to a faster incorporation rate
- Compatibility with PET bottle resins
- High loading capability
- No need to recrystallize
- Drying may not be required at low use rates for tints
- Resistance to alcohols
- Reduced housekeeping cost compared to liquid color
- FDA compliant
Targeted applications for this new UltraPET product line include cosmetic packaging, vitamin bottles, nutraceuticals, sample liquor bottles, spice jars, thermoformed sheets and much more.
Carolina Color’s North Carolina and Ohio locations provide customers with full service production capabilities and complete laboratories for color matching, testing, and analytics. Carolina Color, a 3A1 Dun & Bradstreet-rated company, has one of the strongest balance sheets in the industry. The company’s core strength comes from its ability to innovate as well as maintain strong relationships with the finest suppliers of resins, pigments, dyes and additives.